All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Decide Where You Want To Be

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

Decide Where You Want To Be Empty
PostSubject: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:47

I sense that this board is becoming Michoacan-Centric which is fine if that is the goal of management and the nascent membership here but let´s define where we are going that may be a direction which may, without rancor, preclude my participation as a non and never to be resident of Michoacan. You can only make a stew with ingredients that add to the pot. Make up your mind.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 11:09

Hound Dog wrote:
I sense that this board is becoming Michoacan-Centric which is fine if that is the goal of management and the nascent membership here but let´s define where we are going that may be a direction which may, without rancor, preclude my participation as a non and never to be resident of Michoacan. You can only make a stew with ingredients that add to the pot. Make up your mind.

As the site's name implies it is Michoacán centric but I would hope the focus would be wider. Would not want to preclude your participation at all. Mexico ex-pats and visitors is the general theme, but even the discussion is not limited to Mexico alone.

Even Texas acknowledges its other 49 colonies. What would make it better or you? I will add another regional category for your favorite areas outside Michoacán if you like. Perhaps Beyond Michoacán is too general.

Last edited by Peter on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 11:38

Hound Dog wrote:

Really, Dawg, what are you waiting on? Even though this is a Michoacán-centric site there is a whole forum dedicated to discussion about the rest of Mexico - Baja to Chiapas. I need you help filling in the blanks there. I won't know anything of Chiapas until after we pay you a visit. My direct knowledge of Mexico is mostly all-Michoacán with little parts of Jalisco, Guanajuato, and Edo de Mexico. I have only made a brief visit to Mexico City and Queretaro and a couple trips to Tijuana and Ensenada many years ago.

You have travelled this land much more extensively than myself, for certain. Hoping you will tell us of the Southern parts of Mexico that are north of here as well. You know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 12:12

Peter wrote:
Hound Dog wrote:

Really, Dawg, what are you waiting on? .

I understand Peter, my amigo. I was simply being being petulant and unreasonable.

Today, the tropical sun shone relentlessly on the plaza in San Cristóbal while marimba bands serenaded the crowd and countless indigenous attempted to sell their wares without becoming intrusive and tropical birds sang loudly from palms on the plaza and what more could one desire.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 12:42

Hound Dog wrote:

Today, the tropical sun shone relentlessly on the plaza in San Cristóbal while marimba bands serenaded the crowd and countless indigenous attempted to sell their wares without becoming intrusive and tropical birds sang loudly from palms on the plaza and what more could one desire.

See, not so different here. My neighbor's parrot has been nattering-on all morning, and whose repertoire includes one of the bottled-gas company's bugle call and the cry of another neighbor's chihuahua dog who sounds like he's being tortured. Quite possible the parrot has a touch of Tourette's Syndrome as well.

The Gas del Lago truck passed by a few moments playing it's Brasilia theme-music on its loudspeaker so I also got a taste of marimba. I should be set for the day.

Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 13:13

For me the fact that this forum concentrates on Michoacan is the attraction. Unlike the Dawg, we recognize how little experience we have within the State and wish to learn a great deal more before spouting off about any perceived negatives! Certainly our business interests do draw us to the State but the knowledge and experiences to be gained offer us greater personal growth.

I think you are headed down the right road!
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 14:37

cheenagringo wrote:

For me the fact that this forum concentrates on Michoacan is the attraction.

It was the reason for putting this board together and what makes it different, and hopefully useful for anyone coming to "Mexico."

We'll put a specific Michoacán spin on things here, as it's the only part of Mexico I know at all. Coming to Mexico in general is a different world. Arriving in Michoacán you know you're not in Kansas anymore. There are a number of places with large gringo populations, Pátzcuaro is almost one of them, but it rapidly gets as back-woodsy as Dawg's Chiapas.

People coming to these parts need all the help they can get. Hopefully part of the help they seek is for losing some of their "gringo-ness" so as to adapt - them wanting to adapt and not wanting it to adapt to them. We've found part of their life-style to be more a natural way to live - something that makes us happier and healthier than where we came from.

Quote :

Unlike the Dawg, we recognize how little experience we have within the State and wish to learn a great deal more before spouting off about any perceived negatives!

Dawg is content being mas lejos in Chiapas from Peoria and Kansas. Some of his fellow immigrants from Peoria US only made it down here three driving hours away. I understand his desire to go furthur (sic). My hopes are that he will share the Chiapas experience with us along with his knowledge of the other parts as well. These are all places very, very far from Kansas, so that helps us out here.

The Dawg negativity helps keep us real, the watchdog that keeps Kansas intruders off our back porch at night. It is not enough to flatulate some history and merely claim ourselves assimilado as that is an on-going process that few of us will ever attain. This site is about that quest, I believe.

Quote :

Certainly our business interests do draw us to the State but the knowledge and experiences to be gained offer us greater personal growth.

The interests keep you firmly in both worlds, which is a useful perspective. Personal growth continues until one decides it's done.

Quote :

I think you are headed down the right road!

Looks like we're all heading the same direction from our own departure points. Tough decision to stay on the autopista or drive the libre sometimes. Like deciding whether it's the journey or the destination is reason for taking the trip. Sometimes we make that decision along the way, or just by chance we make an unscheduled detour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decide Where You Want To Be   Decide Where You Want To Be Empty

Back to top Go down

Decide Where You Want To Be
Page 1 of 1