All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saturday Lighting Ceremony at the Catedral in Morelia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

Saturday Lighting Ceremony at the Catedral in Morelia Empty
PostSubject: Saturday Lighting Ceremony at the Catedral in Morelia   Saturday Lighting Ceremony at the Catedral in Morelia EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 09:18

Now that I no longer make my full-residence in the Centro I still get to experience the lighting ceremony at the Catedral from the third-floor deck of my home in the northwest corner of Morelia just inside the beltway pereférico. In fact I seem to be more regular about watching this spectacular with its fireworks and all than when I lived close by.

The logo photo for AMIGO at each page heading depicts the skyline of Morelia and was taken from my third-level deck. Each week I amble up a floor from where I have my desk to watch this. I am glad to see the fireworks continue as I am accustomed to as they were discontinued for awhile last fall but are now regular once again.

Last night my friend George joined me for the display. Though there were a number of multiple launches of the colorful skyrockets I didn't recognize a Grande Finale at the very end which I am used to seeing, but George said, "That's it. 50."

I never took the time to count them before, I never know there were any set number of launches. So I asked him if that was the usual set number, a matter of tradition. He just shrugged, not knowing for sure. "Fifty??" I repeated back.

"Well, I counted 49," he replied. "But I might have missed one."
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/

Saturday Lighting Ceremony at the Catedral in Morelia
Page 1 of 1