All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pátzcuaro: Un Barrio Viejo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

Pátzcuaro: Un Barrio Viejo Empty
PostPátzcuaro: Un Barrio Viejo

We were visiting a friend at her new rental house in Pátzcuaro. The street we drove up was Alcantarilla*, a narrow callejon that begins between the Museo de Artes Populares and the Ex-Colegio. Although not extensive, this area of the city somewhat resembles Guanajuato or Toledo, Spain. The street is narrow, and ought to be one way only, but I saw vehicles, including a cerveza delivery truck going down the wrong way.

After looking over our friends new dwelling (actually a vintage house) several blocks away, and outside of the pcturesque Barrio Viejo (my name for the sector), I retraced our route onfoot, in the direction of the Plaza Grande. I happened to have my camera with me, so I began snapping pix. I was doubly rewarded when a man came along with a basket of bread perched on hs head. He showed me a nice selection of panes dulces integral, and I bought $66 peso of assorted breads. We sampled a few later, and ther are moist, tasty if a little heavy.

I only just started to sort through these pictures and edit them, and it may be tomorrow morning before I can upload them. I'll let you know when they are viewable.

*My Spanish-English dictionary defines the lovely, romantic word "Alcantarilla" as "sewer".
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Pátzcuaro: Un Barrio Viejo :: Comments

Re: Pátzcuaro: Un Barrio Viejo
Post Sat 05 Mar 2011, 07:04 by Guest
Someone who sews? clown
Don Cuevas
Post Sat 05 Mar 2011, 07:10 by Don Cuevas
A few of the photos are uploading now. I felt that some deserved PhotoShop Elements treatment, inside of my usual quick 'n dirty Picasa edits. But PSE 8 is a PITA, and I had to quickly resume my interrupted learning of a new, but highly inconsistent application interface. So after picking away at the photos for an hour or two, I decided to upload a selection. Maybe more will follow.

Listo: http://tinyurl.com/BarrioViejo

(The various and occasional discussions which will occur here on computer and software might need a sub forum of their own. Hint hint.)

EDIT: Phil, no, a drainage conduit for waste waters.

Last edited by Don Cuevas on Sat 05 Mar 2011, 07:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Sewer")
Post  by Sponsored content

Pátzcuaro: Un Barrio Viejo

Page 1 of 1