All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snack Food Fails: Weird Food Names Around the World

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

Snack Food Fails: Weird Food Names Around the World Empty
PostSnack Food Fails: Weird Food Names Around the World

Link to Gadling.com news article
Quote :
The first time I went to a grocery store in Ecuador, all the food was distressingly unfamiliar. Milk was sold in bags, eggs weren't refrigerated, the cheese looked like butter, there were weird spiky fruits I'd never seen, and everything else was in a language I barely understood. As I walked around picking up imported, English-language brands that were familiar – Oreos, JIF peanut butter, and a $5 box of Kraft mac & cheese – I saw a salsa label that made me laugh out loud.

In huge letters across the box the label read 'SNOB.' How on earth did marketers allow that brand name make it onto the shelves? The fact that nobody took the time to look up the word's meaning in other languages baffled me, especially after so many other famous marketing goofs have come to light. That is, until I took a look around the Internet and saw the same thing happening in all corners of the world.

Full story at: http://www.gadling.com/2011/05/27/snack-food-fails-weird-food-names-around-the-world/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fgadling+%28Gadling%29

Great photos of brands with unusual names. Worth following the link to see these.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Snack Food Fails: Weird Food Names Around the World :: Comments

No Comment.

Snack Food Fails: Weird Food Names Around the World

Page 1 of 1