All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image? Empty
PostSubject: Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image?   Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image? EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 11:39

Sure it is real simple to simply provide a URL link to a GOOGLE Map image when explaining about a certain place but I have preferred the inclusion of the map image in a post. I am guessing that there is a way but haven't gone there yet.

Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: Not to niggle, but it's "Google" :-)   Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image? EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 12:51

CG, in the past I'd just do a screen capture of a selection of the Gogle Map, then upload it to my Picasa Web Album (from here on, called "PWA").

Then I found that while on a Google Map, whether in Map View, Earth View, I suppose "Hybrid" and coolest of all, Street View, there's a link thingy in the upper right of the screen. When you click it, it gives a shortened URL of what you're looking at. This, for example, is a Map view of Pátzcuaro: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But it seems to me that until recently, there was an Embed feature under "Link". I can't find it now. I do know that I used it a couple of times on mt blog to embed a Street View of a small area of foodie interest in Mexico City. Here it is. You'll need to scroll down a ways to see it, below the photo of the couple in the leafy bower. Give it time to load.

It was just about a year ago, and I remember doing it, but I'd have to lift the hood to see what makes it run.

O.k. I'm back, with the HTML code or whatever it is that runs that embedded map engine. I seriously doubt it will run in this environment.

¿Listo?

iframe frameborder="0" height="240" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=19.430195,-99.142482&amp;panoid=AT1xUuLiycd2rx1zHeEfGA&amp;cbp=13,290.03,,0,5&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=116027647525085864440.000479c78b9e7592fb66a&amp;ll=19.455424,-99.15247&amp;spn=0,0.096474&amp;z=13&amp;iwloc=00048a13006b27bcbf671&amp;source=embed&amp;output=svembed" width="425"></iframe>
<small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=19.430195,-99.142482&amp;panoid=AT1xUuLiycd2rx1zHeEfGA&amp;cbp=13,290.03,,0,5&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=116027647525085864440.000479c78b9e7592fb66a&amp;ll=19.455424,-99.15247&amp;spn=0,0.096474&amp;z=13&amp;iwloc=00048a13006b27bcbf671&amp;source=embed" style="color: blue; text-align: left;">Mexico City, D.f.</a> in a larger map, or play with this built-in street view. Click the cross in the upper right corner to expand to full screen. Explore el Barrio de San Juan from your computer!</small>

Google is always tinkering with Maps and the tools available one day may not be available the next. I've seen small changes take place within minutes, for example the tabs to select Map Satellite or Earth changed from static to floating tabs. I hope that they bring back the Embed code so we can use it at our discretion.
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: The Light Bulb Comes On!   Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image? EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 13:07

(Where's the light bulb emoticon?)

I went into my Custom Google Map of Mexico DF and found that it had the Embed code there.
The second option is Paste HTML to embed in website.

Now, for the first time, I see a preview link just below. "Customize and Preview Embedded Map."

You probably need a Google account to do this stuff, specifically Custom Maps and then Embeds. But, of course, only certain websites will accept the code. If you have your own website, it should work.

!!Now I tried this with others of my place marked points, and although I can get a nice Street View, I can't find the Embed HTML link!!

Turn out the light on your way out.
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image?   Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another thing to figure out - inserting Goggle Map Image?
Page 1 of 1