All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Test Photo of Club Campestre

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 14:43

Peter wrote:
The one I just opened I have made too personal to my own accounts. I would need to start another for this board. I hadn't really thought about dedicating a general-use account that everyone would have access to. Not sure that would not get kind of messy, no?

Not familiar with the ins and outs of using such yet. How would we manage it?

This is just my take. You can make some Picasa Albums Public, that is findable by search. Others you can hide but are open to invitees only. Finally, you can hide them, and require a password to view.
Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 14:58

I would be glad to pay $5 a year for a 7Gb album - if I had the means to pay it. Perhaps a paypal account attached to the site. Almost sure with a small ad for contributions we could get that much. Not sure how to set it up.

The Picasa 1Gb is free but that requires an e-mail account, right? It's possible I wouldn't need the one I opened but not sure how to share it. To gain access to the photo album I have to log-on to my e-mail and it will take me there?? Not like you can use one without the other?? Not sure the details of how this works.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 16:35

I replied by PM by mistake. (That's a first.)
We can discuss the PWA questions tomorrow, either online or F2F.

Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 18:25

Don and Peter:

I think having a Picasa Web Album site for members is a viable idea but a bit problematic. You could certainly create a gmail mail account like: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but you would have to pass out password info for people to log into Gmail to access the album account tand then they would have to have Picasa for uploading to the site. Additionally, I don't think you would want to openly publish the password on the foro as that would leave an opening for all sorts of garbage being uploaded. It all gets rather complex.

Don brought up the option of public and private albums and he is correct. With the private option, you have to provide someone with the actual link for them to access the album. I use this option a great deal when communicating design ideas with some of our suppliers. With limitations on attachment file sizes on certain email hosts, it is far easier for me to upload say 50 design photos to a private album and then have them access through the link I provide.

Even though the FAQS section of this forum state that photos have to be hosted somewhere to include in posts, the route I took this morning did not require getting the photos from Picasa or some other hosting site. I think there is an easy way to post photos directly from one's computer up to a post but I need to work on it some more as I think I took too many steps making it difficult to explain. With my one experiment posting a YouTube video using the provided tab - that was way too easy and that makes me thing there is an easy way to do regular photos.

Peter: You mention a $5 charge for 7GB of photo space. Is that through the forum host? If payment is problematic, I think we can work that out providing there are guaranteed cold cervezas available in Patzcuaro on our next trip.
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 19:19

I thought I had read about 7Gb for $5 for Picasa but when I checked just now, clicking to upgrade storage, I see it is 20Gb for $5 but is also for g-mail and docs. There may be no hurry though, the 4 photos I uploaded earlier is taking .04% of my free storage space. Am I correct, photos of the same size would be 10k photos to reach 100%? They were pretty low res but that's OK for online displays.

Back to top Go down
cheenagringo
Amigo
cheenagringo

Job/hobbies : Importing Quality Mexican Products

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 19:33

To be very candid, I am not sure just how the math works.

In reviewing, my two different sites:
My personal site has about 1600 full resolution photos and one video and I am using 710mb out of 1gb.
On our business site, we have about 5300 photos of various resolutions and it is using 417mb out of the 1gb.
Back to top Go down
http://Coming Soon: www.HaciendaMagnifico.com
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 19:42

cheenagringo wrote:
To be very candid, I am not sure just how the math works.

In reviewing, my two different sites:
My personal site has about 1600 full resolution photos and one video and I am using 710mb out of 1gb.
On our business site, we have about 5300 photos of various resolutions and it is using 417mb out of the 1gb.

Your experience confirms it then. Medium/low res - good enough for web sttuff - 10k photos. I think I can share the site, even the name works OK with the site. In fact the users name on the G-mail/Picasa account I got is Amigo Michoacán. It may be perfect for our site's photo host. Could even be worked out for all or most members with some amount of priority or privilege. It's do-able
Back to top Go down
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

PostSubject: Hacienda del Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 14:10

What a surprise! I was Googling "Club Campestre Morelia" and when I opened it in Google Earth, I note a photo marker or two for Hacienda Campestre. Although we'd been to the Club n several occasions before, I was unaware of this picturesque and venerable structure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 18:35

Until you showed that photo of Hacienda Campestre I was unaware of it as well. Last week at our meeting while umpiring the bocce tournament I happened to glance over and see it somewhat hidden by the trees there very close to where we meet. I don't know if you happened to take notice of this building while you were at that get-together then. It sets rather anonymously along with other buildings and homes on the hill-side of the golf course in view of the tables where we gather, though obscured somewhat as I mentioned by the trees there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test Photo of Club Campestre   Test Photo of Club Campestre - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Test Photo of Club Campestre
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2