All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? Empty
PostSubject: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 00:01

In a barter economy, which seems to be where we're heading, this could be good to know,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 07:00

I won't disclose the exact amount just yet but I've got say they made me a very tempting offer of camels, goats, and sheep for Tere.
Back to top Go down
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 10:45

Had to do it. I'm not considered a good trade despite all that silky blonde hair. My husband does most of the cooking, I speak my mind and have, well how to say this, balls. Bills future as an itinerant camel herder and shepherd has been cut off before it even got off the ground. Another career option dashed.
Back to top Go down
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : Oblique

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 11:43

Funny, Pete. And Jane, your description of yourself sounds very much like my wife, except she has red hair. Considering the offer I received, I think I'll keep her. Besides, where would I put the camels?

Jim
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 12:36

As-is Tere is worth 62 camels, 9 goats, and 8 sheep. When I presented her 20 years younger and 5 kilos lighter it only came up to 70 camels, 8 goats, and 6 sheep. As a blonde there was no appreciable difference so she wasn't even worth the dye-job.

I really don't have the room for that many camels so I guess I'll keep her. She can make more for me playing bocce at our tourneys.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2011, 13:44

Well Jim, it seems you at least got some offers of camels for Linda. I'm not sure Jane did as well, there really isn't much market for women that speak their minds where camel trading is a hot market. I have heard people claim to get some rather surly responses from the site's traders for even suggesting such a trade.
Back to top Go down
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 11:07

I think you guys are greatly undervalueing the camels: while we were in Santa Fe , NM this summer we met 3 beautiful young women from Morocco and young men from Oman. One of the man from Oman offered via intermediary 3 camels for one of the young woman to be his second wife.
I was with the young woman when she heard about the offer and she was very offended and spit at the offer .
The offense was to be asked to be a second wife, not the value the man placed on her.
Three camels seemed to have been ok pricewise.
Brigitte
Back to top Go down
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 11:53

Great news Brigitte, I did get an offer of more than 3 camels, even at my age. I guess we have all undervalued the camels. As for being a second wife, in our culture, we don't care how many wives the guy had. Our objective is to be the last one.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 12:59

I think in our culture we would care if the guy had another wife who would get to tell you where you sit and what kind of job you would be assigned in the house.
Since the guys can have 3 official wifes and as many concubines as they can afford being the last one would be a real challenge especially since the guy was young with a long life in of front of him to have many other women while you would be sitting at home slaving under number 1.
Back to top Go down
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 14:20

I heard of a three dog night....now we've got a three camel wife!

Jim
Back to top Go down
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 15:51

Hahahaha, Jim, I figure maybe Linda and I MAY have a higher value due to hair color. Or could it have been that naughty naughty girl thing? Not to be tooo revealing, I did rate somewhat higher than 3.
Back to top Go down
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 19:34

Hmmm.... I dunno, Jane. But one thing I do know--I couldn't handle more than one wife at a time!

Jim
Back to top Go down
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 19:20

This is for you men.

Some truly sadistic friends, or should I say, ex-friends sent this to us in an email.

My husband is now conducting interviews locally.

Words fail me here. Let's just say that they are not the kind of words heard in your typical drawing room.

Jim, you're in big trouble .

Yes, camels are involved here in case you were wondering.

Last edited by Peter on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 09:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added information about innocent camels.)
Back to top Go down
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyWed 16 Nov 2011, 09:56

LOL Jane! This does present some appealing options, though I think they showed the best parts and ignored the problems. I look forward to hearing more about the results of your husband's interviews!!

Jim
Back to top Go down
raqueteer
Amigo
raqueteer

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 13:41

Update:

Well Jim, they were a dismal failure, carefully calculated to be by yours truly.
I spent a few days being submissive, obedient and putting candies on his pillow at night, just like any obedient wife would. However, missing from the equation was witty conversation, humor, and a couple of other things.

He became bored, then nauseated and has given up on the whole idea. Permanently.
Back to top Go down
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 19:20

LOL Jane,

Sounds like you pulled an effective end around play! I think this round goes to you!

Sorry we didn't connect in Ajijic, though that time will come.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth?   How many camels is your wife or girlfriend worth? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1