All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can the public actually post here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yosoy

Can the public actually post here? Empty
PostSubject: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 14:58

I mean, can they post here without logging-in or joining anything? Other places make you join, yeah, I know I can see and do more if I join. But can I really post here?

Well, it looks like I have to put a username on it in order to post, but if I do can I use some of those cool smileys? farao Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Amigo
Admin

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptySun 20 Feb 2011, 15:41

You betcha! But it's the only place guests and visitors can post their comments and questions. Members are the only ones with access to other areas where the moderators almost never dare to tred. Why stay on the outside looking in? Sign up today and be one of the first members to this new web board. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com
a

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 17:41

What a momentous day this must be! How much does it cost to join this club? What qualifications and credentials do the members have that would make their information reliable and valuable to the students and researchers who would go to this website for information?
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 18:28

a wrote:
What a momentous day this must be! How much does it cost to join this club? What qualifications and credentials do the members have that would make their information reliable and valuable to the students and researchers who would go to this website for information?

A momentous day, yes. It took me three or four days to put the board together and now have something I hope is usable for the local folks.

It costs nothing to join, just a matter of signing-up. The sign-up is about the same for most any other BBS, more private than the Ygroup stuff.

I believe the credentials are just those learned by spending some time in this country and having some observations about how things are done. We discuss issues about living here and those following the blog can take it as they may. BTW, I mention students partly as a device to suggest the wish for some decorum in this public section as we have some members' forums where we can get a little more rowdy.

Truth is though, there will be students here doing research. I haven't turned loose the search-bots yet because our pages are still bare but soon Google and Bing and others will be scanning us for information links. That is a bit of a disservice on my part though, I already have a post about "mordida" and another about the bus service in Mexico - surely that would be valuable information to someone. All in good time though. Soon I expect more valuable insights to appear about the artisan villages around the central highlands, or perhaps about how Dia de los Muertos is observed on Janitzio Island and around Pátzcuaro. Lots of good stuff to come.

Shoot, I just remembered I put the mordida discussion in the Members forums. Well, that's our business anyhow, and that's how our "private" discussions stay private and out of the scan of the search-bots.

It's free and being a Ph.Dnik is not required in order to be a clever observer about how life works. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
CanuckBob
Amigo
CanuckBob

Job/hobbies : Classic cars
Humor : sick & twisted

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 21:01

The new board looks great Peter. Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://lakechapalainfo.bigforumpro.com/
JackiMex

PostSubject: Looking good   Can the public actually post here? EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 22:03

Pete, you are full of surprises. Surprised This is a good idea, but I wonder if folks will want to do both the yahoo group, amigos_morelia, and this forum.

It may take some getting used to--moving around from one forum to another. Is this something we have to check every day or so or will we get emails like facebook sends when someone replies to what one has written? confused

I am usually quite good with computers and getting around the Internet, but I did not see how to join as a member, instead of just posting, as I am now, to the public part. study

Good luck with this project,
Jacki
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 22:47

Hi Jacki, thanx. Below the name banner there are a row of menu buttons. Toward the right-hand side of those buttons ought to be one for "Register" and that is where to join.

The Y-group sites have great features for a club like ours. The ease of use of the interactive calendar is one of those features that make it great, and I believe it is the corazón of Amistades FWB Amigos new format with informal get-togethers that are easy to schedule by whoever cares to take the lead in staging the activity. I believe that site will serve FWB very well.

When I launched the site six weeks ago I was surprised. By the response it received it told me a BBS like this one was indicated to better handle the multi-layers of topics. The Y-groups sites have sort of a single-focus layout and are inadequate for all that is needed to keep all of Michoacán's AMIGOs connected. This site is apart from FWB and is meant to serve the larger community, state-wide is the focus. We are already networking beyond that as the site-owner Canuck Bob from Lake Chapala's Inside Lakeside where I post regularly with was here earlier and left a couple messages.

Apart from the Club calendar at Y-groups for FWB I expect this will become the premier site for all-Michoacán. That's the vision.

Last edited by Peter on Tue 22 Feb 2011, 12:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 23:13

JackiMex wrote:
Pete, you are full of surprises. Surprised This is a good idea, but I wonder if folks will want to do both the yahoo group, amigos_morelia, and this forum.

It may take some getting used to--moving around from one forum to another. Is this something we have to check every day or so or will we get emails like facebook sends when someone replies to what one has written? confused

I am usually quite good with computers and getting around the Internet, but I did not see how to join as a member, instead of just posting, as I am now, to the public part.
study

Good luck with this project,
Jacki

Even if we can't get you through the Register door this single forum alone gives more versatility and control than the Y-groups. You can edit your posts here and use various colors, sizes, and fonts, Italicize or bold-face, underlined and strike-throughs. Really neat stuff. Some people blog for years without using much of that but most develop more and more over time.

As far as e-mail for replies there are a number of user controls that you can use to set those preferences how you would prefer. That's assuming we can get you registered OK. I am not crazy about all the default settings so will adjust mine a bit. A site tutorial might make a good topic sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
gschell99
Amigo

Job/hobbies : Public interest attorney representing migrant farmworkers

PostSubject: Technologically challenged   Can the public actually post here? EmptySat 19 Mar 2011, 21:08

Great site, Peter. I very much want to be a member, but I have been unable to figure out how to "save" the data I add to my profile page. Can you help an inept user? Thanks in advance. Greg Schell, Florida USA (and frequent visitor to Salvatierra)
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? EmptySat 19 Mar 2011, 22:19

gschell99 wrote:
Great site, Peter. I very much want to be a member, but I have been unable to figure out how to "save" the data I add to my profile page. Can you help an inept user? Thanks in advance. Greg Schell, Florida USA (and frequent visitor to Salvatierra)

Hi Greg, thanks for the words of encouragement. I will look into your problem to see if I have that trouble but perhaps in the meantime it may resolve itself, let's hope.

I just responded to your guest post about the Doors concert last night and added the more detail I had intended to put in. I had to make the original comment somewhat short after returning from the concert as I was just too amped-up after that performance to sit and type something up. Just had to get mention of the show though. Now you will find it a bit more substantial in a reply to your inquiry.

Glad to have you on-board. Hope you find this site of some use to you.
Back to top Go down
Don Cuevas
Amigo
Don Cuevas

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : incomprehensible

PostSubject: Saving a Profile   Can the public actually post here? EmptySun 20 Mar 2011, 07:18

gschell99 wrote:

Click on Profile.
Fill in the required fields (the ones with the asterisks)
Fill in the optional fields as you wish.
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
Click SAVE.

That ought to do it.

PS: Greg, I'd like to know more about Salvatierra. Post that in the regions section if you care to tell us about it.

Back to top Go down
http://mexkitchen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the public actually post here?   Can the public actually post here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can the public actually post here?
Page 1 of 1