All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Perception is All

Go down 
+2
JimRP
Hound Dog
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
border

Perception is All - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perception is All   Perception is All - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 21:44

Re the french expression: "farting above your asshole." I would love to know what the actual french expression is. You can email me at <removed by admin>. Please do not broadcast my address. If you do, I shall hunt you down and subject you to Taco Bell. Thx.

Edit by Admin: Removed e-mail address. You may allow private messages or permit receiving e-mail through your user/profile options. Removed address from your post to protect your privacy and avoid Taco Bell revenge.
Back to top Go down
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Perception is All   Perception is All - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 15:05

[quote="border"]Re the french expression: "farting above your asshole." I would love to know what the actual french expression is. You can email me at <removed by admin>. Please do not broadcast my address. If you do, I shall hunt you down and subject you to Taco Bell. Thx.

Il péte plus haut que son derriere (cul). (He farts higher than his butt (asshole.)

Péter plus haut que son derriere (cul). (To fart higher than one´s butt (asshole).

Be advised that the word "cul" is rather crude in French.

These translations are courtesy of Dawg´s French bride. The French can be somewhat vulgar in equating certain human characteristics with universal bodily functions, especially those involving the human digestive process and its by-products. In Dawg´s native Alabama, we have other, more rustic ways of expressing our displeasure at witnessing false pride.

As for the Taco Bell threat, I´ll have you know that that road trip in AZ & NM that Dawg just returned from included a stop in the hardcore redneck mountain town of Flagstaff, AZ where I discovered that Taco Bell has merged with Long John Silvers and serves tacos and Long John Silver´s seafood selections out of the same location there on historic Highway 66. Now one can savor Taco Bell´s unique style of tacos and Long John Silver´s popcorn shrimp with lots of tartar sauce and ketchup along with a giant Coke all ordered at the same drive-up window and if Dawg had not already chowed down on Moo Shu Pork and Kung Pao Shrimp at some Chinese dive in the same redneck shopping center before he spotted this fast food greasy spoon, I would have gorfed down a couple of those tacos and some popcorn shrimp right then and there.
Back to top Go down
JimRP
Amigo
JimRP

Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : Oblique

PostSubject: Re: Perception is All   Perception is All - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 18:27

I've been known to have and enjoy a Taco Bell "taco" once or twice. Ditto for the "taco" at Jack in the Box. All this started way before I moved to Mexico, but whatever food group one would put them in, they are not tacos. They are some other kind of frankenfood. Every now and again, though, it is a marvelous guilty pleasure to scarf some down (if at Jack in the Box, with their onion rings). Oh sure, a nutritional disaster, but I'm not planning to make them a dietary staple!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Perception is All   Perception is All - Page 3 EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 00:18

cheenagringo wrote:
Dawg:

Given your description of your drive through the north valley area of Albuquerque, I can pretty much guess exactly which road you drove on. A bit of history might be in order not so much to provide an excuse for your observations but maybe provide some understanding. Going back to the 50's & 60's, Albuquerque's wealthy purchased sizable plots of what had been farmland. Due to the prior use, these areas were not part of the city infrastructure and with the properties came water rights. Water for these plots came from wells and a system of irrigation ditches that wanders through that entire area. Naturally, the wells do pull from the aquifer that sits below the entire area but the water from the irrigation ditches is controlled through some water management master plan and is allocated. I guess one could technically argue that a certain percentage of the water used to maintain those large lawns does return to the aquifer. The entire visual is a contradiction to current thinking but then again, when a property owner has complete control over their water rights, they are protected by the laws set many years ago.

Ah, yes, Neil, the excesses of the 50s and 60s. I do understand what you mean about the wasteful water practices that were commonplace in the desert before the value and limited nature of water became more and more apparent as more and more people moved into that area after air conditioning became widely available and affordable. Reminds me that the largest city in Florida when it was granted statehood was Pensacola in the state´s northwest and, before air conditioning Southern Florida was inhabited mainly by Seminole Indians and gators and considered virtually uninhabitable by right thinking white folk except those running from the law.

Speaking of the wasteful practices of the 50s and 60s akin to the profligate waste of limited water resources in the desert southwest during that period, when I was a kid in South Alabama in the 1950s, my parents finally installed central air conditioning in our home sometime around 1958 or so and that was a great leap forward. Well, as you might imagine, winters in South Alabama can be bitterly cold or, alternatively pleasant and springlike or ever rather warm - say, in the mid-80s depending on God´s mood at the time. During one of those Christmas homecomings of the early 60s when Dawg was visiting home from university, on Chistmas day that year, we awoke to warm temperatures so, even in the early morning when we drank Christmas cheer and opened presents,the temperature was already in the 80s. Well, it was a tradition in our home during these Christmas mornings to build a roaring fire in the fireplace of our living room to add to the festive mood but it was quite warm that day making such a fire impractical so my dad turned on that central air conditioning full blast and, once the house had cooled down sufficiently, built that roaring fire so we could enjoy those Bloody Mary´s in an appropriate fashion. A most pleasant experience. Thanks, Dad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perception is All   Perception is All - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Perception is All
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3