All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Pizza Thread - Piffle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

The Pizza Thread - Piffle - Page 2 Empty
PostThe Pizza Thread - Piffle

The Pizza Thread - Piffle - Page 2 SAM_0314

To pizza I say piffle, that's PIFFLE - Pizza Is For Food Lovers Everywhere.

Anyone who doesn't like pizza just hasn't found the right kind of pizza to suit them yet, but who doesn't like pizza? It is one of America's favorite fast-foods, though it's not always that fast, and it is probably the most healthy choice in fast-foods not to mention the tastiest. It certainly is the most versatile and personalize-able of the fast-foods, but lets get off the fast-food kick, discard the Domino's delivery pizza for a moment and talk about the pizza made at home.

There is just no end to what you can do with pizza made in your own kitchen. You can throw the kitchen sink into a deep-dished everything-under-the-sun meat and veggie pizza, or the purist can make a simple pepperoni pizza on a crisp thin crust. they are all good. The pizza pictured above is actually a "white" pizza, that is to say it has no tomato sauce but uses a special sauce I made to help bring all the elements together. It turned out good, was an experiment prompted by a friend online whose husband prefers white pizzas, and in a conversation on the subject of white pizza said I would have a go at it myself. But to be honest I prefer the traditional red-sauce pizzas. It is just not a hard, fast rule in pizza-making that one needs to use a tomato sauce, there really are not any rules. There are some obvious limitations but essentially for pizza, anything goes. Todo vale. This white pizza is topped with roasted chicken, baby portobello mushrooms, mango, and calabacitas (zuchinni), and tomato slices.

I will get into the intracacies of pizza making in this thread. Actually there is only one step that really can be critical and that is making the crust, a good crust can make or break a pizza, and it is the only part that has to adhere to at least some rough measurements, proper ingredients, and requires a little effort to get it right. So to get ready for that big step I will end this first post here and open my sack of flour to get ready to show that first big, all-important step.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

The Pizza Thread - Piffle :: Comments

Peter
Re: The Pizza Thread - Piffle
Post Sun 12 Aug 2012, 03:52 by Peter
bump

The Pizza Thread - Piffle

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2