All Mexico Info Group Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All Mexico Info Group Oracle

Information, discussions, attractions, and activities in México with a focus on Michoacán, El Alma de México.

HomeHome  PreviewPreview  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Intentions, Sour Repast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

Good Intentions, Sour Repast Empty
PostSubject: Good Intentions, Sour Repast   Good Intentions, Sour Repast EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 20:55

I´m not sure what went wrong. I posted a reference to an article regarding the drug cartel´s operations in Mexico from The Nation magazine and I felt that article was a cogent explanation of the extraordinary nastiness going on all over Mexico and particularly in Nuevo Leon but also in Michoacan and, unless I am missing something, that whole posting has disappeared. The posting cited an article from The Nation entitled "The Monster and Monterrey: The Politics and Cartels of Mexico´s Drug War and appears in the May 25th issue.

I had suggested that interested readers enter The Nation´s web sight and read this fascinating article but I did not provide a link as that is not my thing to do. That seems an inconsequential reason to deliberately send my comment to the garbage heap but if that is where it belongs then I say fine.

For those of you wishing to read a fascinating article on Mexico´s hopeless drug war, go there and find it for yourseves or ignore my comments. Your choice.

Last edited by Hound Dog on Mon 30 May 2011, 21:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter
Amigo
Peter

Humor : Ironic

PostSubject: Re: Good Intentions, Sour Repast   Good Intentions, Sour Repast EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 21:38

It is a great article, Dawg. It started getting a lot of traction and discussion got long so it got moved over to the General Discussion Forums, En General forum where it is still the lead topic being tossed about the table. The board's automation was supposed to leave a shadow topic here in this section that would re-direct to that area, like any new tech it has its bugs though.

Follow this link https://amigo.forumotion.com/t198-interesting-article-on-cartel-related-violence to take you to your topic, Dawg.

BTW, this is the correct forum to initiate topics if you don't have a place in mind for it to start, but from here it may get moved to a more appropriate place. Many short topics are born and die right here, but those that develop legs or sprout wings might get moved to the General Discussions Forums category.
Back to top Go down
https://amigo.forumotion.com/
Hound Dog
Amigo
Hound Dog

PostSubject: Re: Good Intentions, Sour Repast   Good Intentions, Sour Repast EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 21:51

Peter wrote:
It is a great article, Dawg. It started getting a lot of traction and discussion got long so it got moved over to the General Discussion Forums, En General forum where it is still the lead topic being tossed about the table. The board's automation was supposed to leave a shadow topic here in this section that would re-direct to that area, like any new tech it has its bugs though.

Follow this link https://amigo.forumotion.com/t198-interesting-article-on-cartel-related-violence to take you to your topic, Dawg.

BTW, this is the correct forum to initiate topics if you don't have a place in mind for it to start, but from here it may get moved to a more appropriate place. Many short topics are born and die right here, but those that develop legs or sprout wings might get moved to the General Discussions Forums category.

Thanks for the response, Peter. What I deemed to be the disappearance of that important article didn´t make sense on this forum encouraging open discourse - a characteristic I admire - and I am quite pleased that I was mistaken as to its demise.

Any thoughtful readers out there who have not read this article should do so and give us your feedback whether supportive or non-supportive. That´s what makes a forum worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Intentions, Sour Repast   Good Intentions, Sour Repast Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Intentions, Sour Repast
Page 1 of 1